This double house with two floors was built during the last quarter of the eighteenth century.
The commissioning party for the construction was Juan de Paramo, the last 'drossaard' of Diest. The drossaard was deputy to the Lord of Diest and later to the Prince of Orange Nassau. He was appointed for life and sometimes came from nobility. In Middle Dutch the name means high bailiff.
Franciscus Fernandez de Paramo studied in Diest at Saint Dionysius College. He was appointed drossaard on 12 July 1777. He held this position until the French Revolution, specifically, up until April 1794. He died in Brussels in 1810.