Sint-Elisabethgasthuis (Saint Elisabeth guest house)
Saint Elisabeth Hospital was founded in 1205 in Webbekom, but in 1250 the nursing home moved to Diest itself.
On 31 October 1619, the diocese and the city agreed that the hospital would henceforth be run by nurses of the Order of St. Augustine, who came from the guest house 'van Tienen'. Until the last century, the guest house sisters – Augustinians, practised their apostolate there.
After 1945, the sisters founded Saint Joseph hospital on the former site of the monastery of the Order of Friars Minor, which has now been replaced by a modern hospital.
In the 1950s and 60s, the Saint Elisabeth guest house continued solely as a retirement home.
Only the Office of Diest Tourist Information is accessible.